- Write to your politicians, national, local or EU, for free using www.writetothem.com
- Potholes and road defects can be reported with 'Fill That Hole'. Use it on the website or with the mobile Apps so you can easily file a report on the go: www.fillthathole.org.uk
- Building sites can be reported to Considerate Contractors: email@example.com for instance to report obstruction of the pavement or road, mud/gravel left by vehicles leaving site or bad behaviour by workers. If you see something which appears dangerous, you should also copy in the HSE, because no one should die at work.
Note: Always try to get photos if you want to report bad driving, blocked lanes etc.
Reference and Campaigns:
- The Cycling Embassy forum including a 'consultation watch' thread and posts discussing recent developments: www.cycling-embassy.org.uk/forums/general-discussion You can also read their responses to various consultations here.
- The Sustrans fortnightly Policy Scan is a round-up of key consultations nationally which you can sign-up to recieve by email: www.sustrans.org.uk/policy-evidence/our-policy-work/policy-scan.
- 'Space for Cycling' guidance for councillors and decision-makers: www.makingspaceforcycling.org
- CTC's Road Justice campaign: www.roadjustice.org.uk
- Campaigning & social media - a post I wrote last year which may be useful to people running cycle campaigning groups.
- The parliamentary advisory council for transport safety produces fact-sheets for each constituency in the country detailing progress on road safety - a useful tool when lobbying MPs on national road safety issues.
- Bad driving can be reported to the police here: www.met.police.uk/roadsafelondon/
- Report bad roadworks here: reportit.tfl.gov.uk/ (automatically assigns the report to the relevant borough if it's not a TfL road)
- Mayor of London firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taxi drivers can be reported to email@example.com
- The Met police's page for tranport policing, including stolen bikes and cycle safety and security: content.met.police.uk/Site/safertransport
- Cycling fatality statistics for London cycling: cycling-intelligence.com/fatal-cycling-accidents-in-london/
- London Cycling Campaign for campaigns, news, forum and information.
Please let me know if there you have more useful links!