7 out of the 8 cyclist fatalities this year have involved HGVs . Much more could be done to protect cyclists and pedestrians from lorry danger:
- A rush hour lorry ban. When we asked earlier this year over half of our supporters wanted a lorry ban in the rush hour  when 40% of cycling fatalities involving lorries occur.
- Construction industry HGVs have killed 5 cyclists this year already . The construction industry must adopt 'CLOCS' safety standards to prevent further deaths. These standards should be made mandatory in every public section construction contract in London.
- Confidential reporting of bad practice needs to be rolled out to all HGV drivers, irrespective of whether their employer wants to take part .
- Stronger enforcement. Operators must never be allowed to put profits before lives by allowing unlicensed, untrained lorry drivers, or unsafe vehicles, to operate on our roads.
These urgent measures are the starting point for a target of zero lorry deaths on our streets. Safe segregated routes will be key to eventually eliminating road danger but we must start with action to save lives in 2015 not 2025.
Please forward this message along with your own demand for action to:
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
This list includes all the parties represented in the GLA. We need to make sure HGV danger is firmly on the agenda as the parties look forward to the next mayoral election. We will be publishing their responses so please copy us in.
 - www.london24.com/news/cycling/london_cycle_deaths_2015_1_3964719
 - When we asked earlier this year over half of our supporters wanted a ban in the rush hour: http://saveourcyclists.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/supporter-survey-2015-responses.html
 - http://saveourcyclists.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/higher-safety-standards-needed-for.html